An ambassador symbolizes the sovereignty of his home country and serves as the personal representative of its head of state. Protocol maintains an ambassador’s character and performance by giving it a feel of formality and respect. This insures the best communication to facilitate politics and cultural exchange activities which is necessary for the progress of modern civilization.
There are modules developed to provide knowledge about customs and expectations for standards of behavior across all the formal and informal encounters in many cultures and situations.
The modules include:
- An Introduction to Protocol and Diplomacy
– Precedence and its Criteria:
1. Seating Arrangements for Events
2. Symbolism and the World of Flags
3. Invitations and Gifts
4. Protocol at the Table
5. Official Events Organization
6. The Role of the Protocol Officer
7. Organization of Press Conferences
8. Organization of Official Visits
9. Organization of Ceremonies
10. Organization of Conferences and Summits